It is always a good time to buy a good luxury second hand watch in Johannesburg. Some top brands often have selling prices surpassing that of sports cars and even houses when bought new! You can afford to flash timeless style without breaking the bank if you simply research the most valuable watches, and how much they are worth second hand. Whether you are buying or want to pawn watches, it’s always a good idea to know what the market is doing to ensure you get the best deal.
Top 5 Brands in South Africa and Their Second Hand Value
- Ulysse Nardin (Swiss): These watches usually have a white gold, yellow gold, or steel casing, and are made for both men and women. The women’s range tends to be a lot cheaper, with prices of about R56 000. For pre-owned men’s watches, you’re looking at a range of R100 000 to over R350 000.
- Vacheron Constantin (Swiss): Beautifully crafted timepieces in white gold, yellow gold, or steel. You can find a dress watch for around R52 000, but if you want to go a bit more high end, some of the more expensive pre-owned watches are well over 1 million rand!
- Breguet (Swiss): These masterpieces are part of the Swatch family, and have casings in yellow gold, white gold, steel and platinum. The Breguet Classique Tourbillon has a platinum casing and could set you back upwards of R760 000.
- Franck Muller (Swiss): A Franck Muller dress watch will cost about R95 000 pre-owned, while the fancier options can cost well over R500 000 second hand.
- Patek Phillippe (Swiss): You can have your gold in yellow, red, white, or even pink with these gorgeous watches. A second hand dress watch costs about R75 000, with higher end designs going for over R600 000 pre-owned.
Although it has been said that watches are not really an investment since they don’t appreciate in value over time, good luxury watches hold their value well, and keeping abreast of the most valuable watches and how much they are worth second hand is a good idea whether you are a luxury watch owner, or about to become one.